Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ancient Chinese Secret

OK, maybe not. But this shit is crazy delicious and you should indulge your loved ones with this buttery goodness. I may have posted this before, but I am closing out the old Myspace blog and wanted to make sure I had it where I can print it easily since I get asked for this alot.
serves 6-8

Sweet Potato Casserole

Yummy Inside
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix well and place in casserole dish greased with butter. That's right, more butter.

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed Cornflakes cereal
1/3 cup softened butter
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Mix topping and sprinkle over top of casserole.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Eat it up.
Promptly loosen belt 1 notch.

No comments: