Tuesday, December 16, 2008

stretching a dime

i am a bargain hunter. i comparison shop, thrift, use coupons...all that. and i can tell you that sometimes, paying full price to get the taste you deserve is the way to go. so i was skeptical when i saw the kroger store brand version of nutella. nutella, sweet sweet nutella...the preferred treat of my childhood. but honestly, kroger hits the nail on the head with their other generics, i must say. they have an organic chocolate soymilk that tastes better than silk. lactose free milk that tastes just like lactaid. really, they do a great job of not sacrificing taste for value. so i did it. i bought the fake nutella. and oh. my. god. it tastes JUST LIKE real nutella. for a dollar less. merry christmas to me. it really sucks that angus is allergic to nuts. he'd love this stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

go kroger!

The Holy Yost said...

I've never had real Nutella, so I made a vegan version a few months ago. It was a total pain in the ass to make, but I have to admit that it was damn good.