Thursday, August 23, 2007

The End of Month One








Angus just completed his first month of school. To mark the occasion, he had his first bout of crying at pickup time. My man was having way too much fun and wanted to stick around a little longer. I don't blame him. His school is rad.
I was caught off guard by how happy I was to see him unhappy to see me. Sure, there's a part of me that still wants him to run into my arms each day, demanding to be held. But seeing him having so much fun, and learning so many new things, and making new friends, and falling in love with his teachers, and developing a life of his very own---living as an Angus wholly separate from the Angus-That-Is-My-Baby--- that is a reward unto itself.
We were really lucky to have gotten him into such a great school. Every day I am more certain that this is the very best place for him to be. Seriously.... look at these shelves. The class consists 16 children under the age of 5, some are as young as two and a half years old, and the shelves look like this at any given point during the day. All hail the magic of school.

No comments: