Thursday, November 02, 2006

This Week We....


This week was Noah's first week home. Adjusting to life with two kids has had its challenges, but so far so good. I had a bit of a reality check on our first outing in the car on Halloween, when I realized that getting two kids into carseats is not as easy as I thought it would be. I suppose it will be easier when I get more practice, but right now the thought of it scares me shitless. Angus is handling things really well, though. Today, Angus actually kissed the baby for the first time. Unprompted and out of the blue, he just walked up and gave Noah three kisses while we were at the library. And the other night, he said "Don't be sad, Noah." when the baby was crying. It was the first real full sentence Angy has said so far, and it was a great first...so compassionate and sweet. But, on the flip side, Angus has demanded that both my mom and Tony "take baby to mama" so he could have their undivided big-kid playtime attention. It is as if he has accepted that I have to hold the kid, but he refuses to give up his Daddy or his Nanna. Halloween was good....Angus was a skeleton and we took the kids to Hanover Avenue's Trick or Treat Extravaganza. Angus didn't really trick or treat, but he had a good time taking it all in. And Noah seemed to have a pretty cool 1 week birthday.

No comments: